Because DIGITAL Writing Matters Book Study Prairie Lands Writing Project
January 25, 2011 Agenda
- Welcome everyone/go through group introductions in the PLWP conference room. Hand out books. Go over expectations handout. Move to the computer lab.
- View “The Machine is Using Us” and “A Vision of Students Today K-12” on YouTube.
- Mary Lee will instruct us all on getting on to Google groups. Mary Lee will also share information about the parallel chat on her blog.
- Because we are PLWP, let’s write! How do you define Digital Writing? In what ways are you a digital writer? Do you use digital writing in your classroom (and how)?
- Share/discussion from writing
- Because we are a book group, let’s read! Read pp. 5-11 from the introduction. We’ll see how our authors define Digital Writing.
- Discuss. How do you feel about the statement on page 5: “Equipping students to write in only one mode—traditionally, black ink on white paper in scripted genres—will not serve students in their higher education experiences or in the workplaces of the future.”?
Happy Reading everyone! The first “nudge” is available on Google groups whenever you are ready to do your first post.
3 websites to check out, if you are so inclined.